karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Karaf
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:56:24 GMT
  - Apache Karaf provides a very modern and polymorphic container,
multi-purpose (microservices, OSGi, etc) powered by OSGi.

## Issues:
  - As requested by the board, the Karaf PMC members decided to provide
this new report to address board comments and questions. We want to
apologize a new time for the delay to address those comments.

## Activity:
  - We are maintaining our pace in the release. The next major release
is 4.1.0 on which we are working. This release will contain lot of
feedback and contributions from the users.
  - We also continue to improve the Karaf subprojects, especially Karaf
Decanter and Karaf Cellar. They both received important contributions
from users.
  - We started a discussion on the dev mailing list about a new feature:
Karaf Boot. The purpose is to simplify writing applications running on
Karaf and provide easy way to package applications and Karaf all
together. Due to the releases activity, the discussion was in stand-by,
but we plan to restart the discussion and move forward about this.
  - We are beginning the work for a full JDK9 support, we expect to
achieve the result in release 4.2.0
## Health report:
Apache Karaf has been receiving issue reports, patch submissions from
down stream projects such as OpenHab and OpenDaylight.
These projects use Apache Karaf as their runtime environment, their
contributions upstream to Karaf help strengthen and grow our broader
community.
It's also interesting to see that Karaf received contributions from
other Apache community, like Apache Unomi.
Last month we quickly reacted to a CVE security request that we already
fixed in last 4.0.8 release.
We are still watching for new potential committers and PMCs, extending
our dev community.
Talks related to Karaf (directly or indirectly) were present during
ApacheCon EU, promoting the project.
We also received new requests and feedback from new users (on the
mailing list and/or Jira) showing a healthy user community.
We are trying to be active on related projects (Apache Felix, enRoute,
...) to increase the Karaf adoption and grow the user community.

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 15 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Christian Schneider on Mon Aug 22 2016

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 29 committers.
  - New commmitters:
     - Grzegorz Grzybek was added as a committer on Mon Oct 31 2016
     - Luca Burgazzoli was added as a committer on Mon Oct 31 2016

## Releases:
  - 4.0.8 was released on Sun Dec 18 2016
  - Cellar 4.0.3 was released on Mon Oct 31 2016

## Mailing list activity:

  - TODO Please explain what the following statistics mean
    for the project. If there is nothing significant in the figures,
omit this
    section.

  - dev@karaf.apache.org:

  - issues@karaf.apache.org: