karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:23:03 GMT
Thanks for your feedback Krzysztof.

I share your thoughts. Christian comment was more to put the beginners
on the right track as soon as they start.

I'm in favor of keeping OSGi samples (including config) as well.

Let's see what the others will think.

Regards
JB

On 01/30/2017 09:18 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
> I like the new examples. They will be a good starter for people who want to start using
Karaf.
> Personally I would keep the plain OSGi samples (maybe with a comment this is a more advanced
stuff or moving them to a section with advanced examples).
> I was often looking for a good sample how to do something good in plain OSGI. It would
be good to have them in Karaf examples

> Kindly regards
> Krzysztof

>> I started to do the changes proposed by Christian, and Christian also kindly offered
his help to update the examples.

>> As I don't want to hold the 4.1.0 longer, I'm postponing the examples in the distribution
for 4.1.1 release. As examples can be the key part to start with Karaf, it makes sense to
take time to polish a bit and provide a complete overview.

>> So, I moved KARAF-2511 (related to the examples in the distribution) to Karaf 4.1.1
release and I'm starting 4.1.0 release.

>> Sorry again for the noise (just wanted to keep you posted about the last progress).
>>
>> Stay tuned tonight for the release vote e-mail.
>>
>> Thanks !
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 01/30/2017 03:12 PM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>> Like discussed on IRC.
>>>
>>> The examples should be named sample or examples instead of starter.
>>> Starter would be confused with the spring boot meaning of starter.
>>> The blueprint and jpa examples are good.
>>>
>>> I would leave out the plain OSGi examples. For anything more complex the
>>> OSGi API is too difficult to use and leads beginners on the wrong track.
>>> Instead of the OSGi examples I propose to prepare DS examples and add
>>> them to the next karaf release.
>>>
>>> Christian

release.

Camel (at least