karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:40:47 GMT
As I'm with Krzysztof it's sometimes hard to find good plain OSGi samples,
I'd keep those.
Still nowadays plain OSGi is actually rather advanced. Therefore a
"starter" sample should start with DS, instead of plain OSGi.

Besides this, why not start with some examples now and publish the full set
with Karaf 4.1.1??

regards, Achim

> Thanks for your feedback Krzysztof.
>
> I share your thoughts. Christian comment was more to put the beginners on
> the right track as soon as they start.
>
> I'm in favor of keeping OSGi samples (including config) as well.
>
> Let's see what the others will think.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 01/30/2017 09:18 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
>
>> I like the new examples. They will be a good starter for people who want
>> to start using Karaf.
>> Personally I would keep the plain OSGi samples (maybe with a comment this
>> is a more advanced stuff or moving them to a section with advanced
>> examples).
>> I was often looking for a good sample how to do something good in plain
>> OSGI. It would be good to have them in Karaf examples
>>
>> Kindly regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>> On 30.01.2017 19:14, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> I started to do the changes proposed by Christian, and Christian also
>>> kindly offered his help to update the examples.
>>>
>>> As I don't want to hold the 4.1.0 longer, I'm postponing the examples in
>>> the distribution for 4.1.1 release. As examples can be the key part to
>>> start with Karaf, it makes sense to take time to polish a bit and provide a
>>> complete overview.
>>>
>>> So, I moved KARAF-2511 (related to the examples in the distribution) to
>>> Karaf 4.1.1 release and I'm starting 4.1.0 release.
>>>
>>> Sorry again for the noise (just wanted to keep you posted about the last
>>> progress).
>>>
>>> Stay tuned tonight for the release vote e-mail.
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>> Regards
>>> JB

ActiveMQ,

> [...]