karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>
Subject Re: Limit access to (certain) system properties through JMX
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 13:12:11 GMT
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> As a workaround, you can create your own MBean filtering the properties and
> then security as you want using the RBAC.

Yes! this has helped me, I unregistered the Runtime bean and
registered my proxy that filters clear text properties.

Now if only I could find out find out what is invoking this with this
very shallow stack trace (I guess from native):

    at java.lang.System.getProperties(System.java:628)
    at sun.misc.VMSupport.serializePropertiesToByteArray(VMSupport.java:75)

but that's for another mailing list, here presented only as a
curiosity (the first page of VisualVM is using this instead of Runtime
JMX bean to access system properties)

thank you :)

zoran
--