karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Karaf 4.1 and JDK9
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 12:33:10 GMT
Hi Achim,

For Karaf 4.1, the purpose is not to fully support JDK9 but to start the
required improvements.

I plan to release Karaf 4.1.0 by the end of this week as it is, with
full JDK8 support, and JDK9 support preview (not fully tested).

I would consider the full JDK9 support for Karaf 4.2. I'm pretty sure
that other projects (Pax Web as you said, but also Aries Proxy) are not
fully ready, so, it's not really possible to announce a full JDK9 support.

My plan is to create the karaf-4.1.x branch tomorrow, and then, prepare
the full JDK9 support on master.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB