karaf-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Predictable Boot Feature Startup Order...
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:44:59 GMT
Karaf 3.0.8+ now provides predictable boot feature startup order, but the
4.0.x line does not provide that guarantee.  It apparently tries to be
smart and figure out what you need, but sometimes it just works better if
we can let the user control things explicitly.  Is there, perhaps, a
compromise here?  Could we perhaps have a switch in the
org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file that allows you to turn on manual
control of the startup order?  I'm not the only one who has encountered
this issue.  There have been emails recently where other folks have
observed it.  Thoughts?

James