karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Lange <fabian.la...@codecentric.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Trim down the number of config files in etc/ in the distributions
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 11:50:09 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

We are building a distribution, and we modify these files:

-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff     0 Sep  6 16:13 blacklisted.properties
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff   977 Dec 11  2015 branding.properties
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff  2414 Oct 28 17:35 custom.properties
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff  2867 Nov 11 14:10
org.apache.karaf.features.cfg
-rw-r--r--@  1 fabian  staff  1935 Dec 21  2015 org.apache.karaf.log.cfg
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff  3317 Dec 11  2015 org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff  2818 Nov 21 08:08 org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
-rw-r--r--@  1 fabian  staff  3889 Oct  6 09:07 org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff     0 Sep  6 16:13 overrides.properties
-rw-r--r--@  1 fabian  staff  5430 Oct  5 10:02 system.properties
-rw-r--r--   1 fabian  staff  1701 Apr  2  2016 users.properties

the 0 byte properties are just to avoid the file not found exception

And we have the following excludes

      <excludes>
        <exclude>bin/**</exclude>
        <exclude>deploy/README</exclude>
        <exclude>system/README</exclude>
        <exclude>lib/**/README</exclude>
        <exclude>etc/org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg</exclude>
        <exclude>etc/org.apache.karaf.management.cfg</exclude>
        <exclude>etc/org.apache.karaf.features.repos.cfg</exclude>
        <exclude>etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl*</exclude>
        <exclude>etc/jmx.acl*</exclude>
      </excludes>

I am very much in favor of removing the files. The only issue i see is that
I was able to modify above files, because I saw them being present.

Fabian
--
Fabian Lange | Performance Expert
mobil: +49 (0) 160.3673393

codecentric AG | Merscheider Straße 1 | 42699 Solingen | Deutschland

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen | HRB 25917| Amtsgericht Wuppertal
Vorstand: Michael Hochgürtel . Mirko Novakovic . Rainer Vehns
Aufsichtsrat: Patric Fedlmeier (Vorsitzender) . Klaus Jäger . Jürgen Schütz