karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Trim down the number of config files in etc/ in the distributions
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 07:19:22 GMT
I'd like to trim down a bit the number of files in the etc/ directory.
The distribution contains a bunch of config files for the ACLs, but I'm not
sure people usually modify those.  I think this may be the same for various
configuration.
What I'm proposing is the following:
  * make sure all those configurations are moved into their respective
feature
  * remove them from the assemblies/base maven module which is embedded by
the framework and static kars
  * add a flag on the AssemblyMojo so that we can choose using glob
patterns which config pids should be extracted as files at build time
  * the other ones are extracted automatically by the FeaturesService
anyway during boot features installation

The idea would be that distributions only contains configurations that are
actually used.

Also, I'm going to removing some additional files from the static framework
(bin/contrib/, bin/instance(.sh|.bat), deploy/).

Thoughts ?
Guillaume

--
Guillaume Nodet