karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Predictable Boot Feature Startup Order...
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 16:22:49 GMT
Here's the  3.x code
            for (Set<Feature> features : stagedFeatures) {
                features.removeAll(installedFeatures);
                featuresService.installFeatures(features,
EnumSet.of(Option.NoAutoRefreshBundles, Option.NoCleanIfFailure,
Option.ContinueBatchOnFailure));
            }

The 3.x features service will install the features one by one in a given
set however.
The difference may come from the Option.NoAutoRefreshBundles, but that's
the benefit of using the osgi resolver, i.e. the features are considered as
a whole ;-)

Just to refresh my memory, what's the actual use case : is it a bundle
startup order or a bundle installation order (which has an impact on
resolution when choosing between the same package exported by multiple
bundles).
Note that the bundle startup order will be different when rebooting,
whereas when using a single stage, the order should be the same.  If the
problem is a wiring problem because you have packages exported by multiple
bundles, I've tried to fix some of this problem in 4.1 by ensuring that the
same wiring is reused after a reboot.