karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: java.transaction.xa not exported?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:27:11 GMT
I recently had a similar problem when trying transactions on bndtools.

The bndtools guys proposed a different solution by adding the jta 1.1
spec to the runpath.

See
https://github.com/cschneider/bndtools-tutorials/blob/master/tasklist-ds/tasklist.bndrun#L14

The nice thing with the above solution is that you do not have to
exclude the javax.transaction.xa package from the system bundle exports.
In karaf this is less of an issue as karaf completely redefines the
system package exports anyway.

Interestingly I was able to get jpa as well as CXF running on bndtools
without redefining the system package exports. So without overriding the
spec apis and impls from java.

So I wonder what are the advantages / disadvantages of the two approaches.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de