karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Default log color ( was discussion at aries)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 09:29:50 GMT
For me the main problem is that the default color is not the terminal color.
The user can easily tune the terminal color and background on his
terminal client but he can not
tune our special colors there.

No color is good if you want to completely work without the colors but I
think the more typical case
is that you want colors for special highlights but not for the whole log.

I just looked into my gnome terminal config. It seems to provide
settings for a default color and a highlight color.
So one possible solution might be that we limit ourselves to just use
these two colors in most places. This would give the
user a much better control on the client side. Of course it limits a bit
what we do but I think that might be a case where such a self
limitation makes sense.

WDYT?

Christian

--