karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Srivastava Rajani <srivastava.raj...@tcs.com>
Subject Issue for getting features list using org.apache.karaf.features
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 06:47:44 GMT

Hi,

We are using org.apache.karaf.features jar(3.0.6 version) as a dependency for our maven project
using karaf framework.

First issue is, using this dependency,some imports are not getting resolved such as :
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl;
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.BundleManager;

We want to get bundles and features list using APIs not through the command line.

We are able to get the bundles list using org.osgi.framework, second issue is if somehow imports
are resolved, we are getting error for features list.
The code is as follows :

URI uri = new URI("mvn:org.opendaylight.cardinal/cardinal-features/0.1.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features");
BundleContext bundleContext =   FrameworkUtil.getBundle(MyClass.class).getBundleContext();
Bundle[] list= bundleContext.getBundles();
BundleManager bundleManager = new BundleManager(bundleContext);
FeaturesServiceImpl svc = new FeaturesServiceImpl(bundleManager);
            svc.addRepository(uri);
            Repository[] repositories = svc.listRepositories();
            Feature[] features = repositories[0].getFeatures();

For any uri, we are getting  this error:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'null',
because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element
of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.reportSchemaError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.getSchemaDocument1(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.getSchemaDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadGrammar(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory.newSchema(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeatureValidationUtil.validate(FeatureValidationUtil.java:112)
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeatureValidationUtil.validate(FeatureValidationUtil.java:68)
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.validateRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:164)
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.internalAddRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:235)
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.addRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:186)
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.addRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:174)

Kindly help to resolve it.

Thanks & Regards
 Rajani Srivastava
 Systems Engineer
 Tata Consultancy Services
 Ground to 8th Floors, Building No. 1 & 2,
 Skyview Corporate Park, Sector 74A,NH 8
 Gurgaon - 122 004,Haryana
 India
 Cell:- +91-124-6213214