karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feature spring/4.2.3.RELEASE_1 also installs bundles from Spring version 3.1.4 when activemq is installed
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 04:54:32 GMT
Hi JB

I have still the vetoed 4.0.5 on my drive and I can reproduce this problem. I have also tested
it with https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf/4.0.5-SNAPSHOT/apache-karaf-4.0.5-20160410.092716-92.tar.gz
and the roblem still occurs. 

Regards
Krzysztof



On 11.04.2016 06:34, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof
>
> Did you try with 4.0.5-SNAPSHOT ?
> I think commit 41fc57fdcd0697d5dad3a49a56779c310b6c629b may help.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 04/10/2016 11:39 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Some time ago Cristiano has reported a problem in ServiceMix 7. When you try to install
Spring 4.2.3.RELEASE_1, the bundles from Spring 3.1.4 are installed as well (details here
http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/Why-the-feature-spring-4-2-3-RELEASE-1-also-installs-bundles-from-Spring-version-3-1-4-td5723497.html).
>>
>> This problem doesn't occur on fresh Karaf 4.0.4, but I have researched this problem
a bit and have some findings, but I don't understand why the resolver installs the bundles
from 3.1.4.
>>
>> I could reproduce this problem on karaf 4.0.4
>>
>> karaf@root()> feature:repo-add activemq 5.13.2
>> Adding feature url mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.13.2/xml/features
>> karaf@root()> feature:install  activemq-client
>>
>> After installing activemq-client Spring 3.2.14.RELEASE is installed and correctly
wired
>>
>> karaf@root()> list -t 0  | grep spring
>> 64 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-aop
>> 65 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-beans
>> 66 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-context
>> 67 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-context-support
>> 68 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-core
>> 69 | Active   |  30 | 3.2.14.RELEASE_1 | Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-expression
>>
>> karaf@root()> bundle:requirements 70
>> org.apache.xbean.spring [70] requires:
>> --------------------------------------
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans 3.2.14.RELEASE from org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans
[65]
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans.factory)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans.factory 3.2.14.RELEASE from org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans
[65]
>> .....
>>
>> karaf@root()> bundle:requirements 52
>> org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi [52] requires:
>> ------------------------------------------------
>> ...
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans 3.2.14.RELEASE from org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans
[65]
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans.factory)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans.factory 3.2.14.RELEASE from org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans
[65]
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans.factory.config)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))
resolved by:
>> ....
>>
>> Let's install now Spring 4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>
>> karaf@root()> feature:install -v spring/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> Adding features: spring/[4.2.3.RELEASE_1,4.2.3.RELEASE_1]
>> Changes to perform:
>>    Region: root
>>      Bundles to install:
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-aop/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-expression/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> *      mvn:org.springframework/spring-aop/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **      mvn:org.springframework/spring-asm/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **      mvn:org.springframework/spring-beans/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **      mvn:org.springframework/spring-context/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **      mvn:org.springframework/spring-context-support/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **      mvn:org.springframework/spring-core/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **      mvn:org.springframework/spring-expression/3.1.4.RELEASE*
>> Installing bundles:
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-aop/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-expression/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> *  mvn:org.springframework/spring-aop/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **  mvn:org.springframework/spring-asm/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **  mvn:org.springframework/spring-beans/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **  mvn:org.springframework/spring-context/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **  mvn:org.springframework/spring-context-support/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **  mvn:org.springframework/spring-core/3.1.4.RELEASE**
>> **  mvn:org.springframework/spring-expression/3.1.4.RELEASE*
>> Stopping bundles:
>>    org.apache.xbean.spring/3.18.0
>>    org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi/5.13.2
>> Refreshing bundles:
>>      org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi/5.13.2 (Should be wired to: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
(through [org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi/5.13.2] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.core.io)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))";
resolution:=optional), org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1 (through
[org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi/5.13.2] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))";
resolution:=optional), org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1 (through
[org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi/5.13.2] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.context)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))";
resolution:=optional))
>> *    org.apache.xbean.spring/3.18.0 (Should be wired to: org.springframework.beans/3.1.4.RELEASE
(through [org.apache.xbean.spring/3.18.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))"),
org.springframework.core/3.1.4.RELEASE (through [org.apache.xbean.spring/3.18.0] osgi.wiring.package;
filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.core.io)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))"),
org.springframework.context/3.1.4.RELEASE (through [org.apache.xbean.spring/3.18.0] osgi.wiring.package;
filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.context)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))"))*
>> Starting bundles:
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.springframework.asm/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.springframework.core/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-aop/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-expression/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.springframework.beans/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.springframework.aop/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.springframework.expression/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.springframework.context/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.springframework.context.support/3.1.4.RELEASE
>>    org.apache.xbean.spring/3.18.0
>>    org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi/5.13.2
>> Done.
>>
>> activemq-osgi wires now Spring 4.2.3.RELEASE  but xbean wires Spring 3.1.4.RELEASE
>>
>> karaf@root()> bundle:requirements 70
>> org.apache.xbean.spring [70] requires:
>> --------------------------------------
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans 3.1.4.RELEASE from org.springframework.beans
[84]
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans.factory)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans.factory 3.1.4.RELEASE from org.springframework.beans
[84]
>> ....
>>
>> karaf@root()> bundle:requirements 52
>> org.apache.activemq.activemq-osgi [52] requires:
>> ------------------------------------------------
>> ...
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans 4.2.3.RELEASE from org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans
[77]
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans.factory)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans.factory 4.2.3.RELEASE from org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans
[77]
>> osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.springframework.beans.factory.config)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=5.0.0)))
resolved by:
>>     osgi.wiring.package; org.springframework.beans.factory.config 4.2.3.RELEASE from
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans [77]
>> ....
>>
>> The same effect with ActiveMQ 5.14-SNAPSHOT. For comparison, the problem doesn't
happen with ActiveMQ 5.12.x
>>
>> karaf@root()> feature:repo-add activemq 5.12.3
>> Adding feature url mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.12.3/xml/features
>> karaf@root()> feature:install  activemq-client
>> karaf@root()> feature:install -v spring/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> Adding features: spring/[4.2.3.RELEASE_1,4.2.3.RELEASE_1]
>> Changes to perform:
>>    Region: root
>>      Bundles to install:
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-aop/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>        mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-expression/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> Installing bundles:
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-aop/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-expression/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> Starting bundles:
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-core/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-expression/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-beans/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-aop/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>>    org.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-context-support/4.2.3.RELEASE_1
>> Done.
>>
>>
>> So I think the problem is connected with changes in ActiveMQ 5.13.x. Indeed, activemq-osgi
5.13.x imports Spring with range [3,5) whereas the in 5.12.x the range is  [3,4]. Xbeans inports
in both cases Spring in range [2.5, 4). So, Spring 3.2.14.RELEASE_1  (which already has been
installed at the beginning) would be ideal candidate to be wired into the both bundles.
>>
>>   1. I can understand, that ativemq-osgi re-wires the newer Spring version (after
installation of 4.2.4.RELEASE_1) because it's ok for the version range.  4.2.4.RELEASE_1 is
good for activemq-osgi but not ok for xbeans. My question - why should activemq-osgi use 4.2.4.RELEASE_1
and not 3.2.14.RELEASE when 3.2.14.RELEASE is ideal for both bundles (activemq-osgi and xbeans)
and 4.2.4.RELEASE_1 only for activeq-osgi?
>>   2. Assuming it's ok what happens with point 1, why the resolver resolves, installs
and wires 3.1.4.RELEASE into xbeans when  3.2.14.RELEASE was already installed and is ok (even
better than 3.1.4.RELEASE) for version range defined in xbeans?
>>
>> I could miss something, bu I think, something works here odd. Could you check it
please?
>>
>> Kindly regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>>
>

-- 
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

JEE & OSS Architect, Integration Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member (http://apache.org/)
Apache ServiceMix Committer & PMC Member (http://servicemix.apache.org/)
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.pl/)

Mime
View raw message