karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Karaf 4.0.5 release
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 20:21:46 GMT
I did something more "drastic" to test:
- remove all .m2/repository
- edit etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg and remove all repositories

This way, if the artifact is not in system, I can see it.

Actually, I already tested and reverted this afternoon. I also updated
some dependencies just in time, like FileInstall (as you needed it ;)).

Regards
JB

On 04/04/2016 09:37 PM, Fabian Lange wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for taking care, JB!
>
> I can share with you how I can easily discover such stuff:
> My etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg looks like this:
>
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@id
> =system.repository@snapshots
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.settings=${karaf.etc}/mvn-settings.xml
>
> and the mvn-settings.xml looks like this:
>
> <settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
>            xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>            xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
>                                http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd
> ">
>    <localRepository>data/repo</localRepository>
> </settings>
>
> This way, all at runtime downloaded stuff goes into data/repo and I can
> easily check if this is ok, or was supposed to be packaged into the
> distribution at build time
>
> Hope that helps,
> Fabian
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Due to the discussion and -1, I cancel this release to prepare a new one.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 04/01/2016 03:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Karaf Container 4.0.5 release to your vote.
>>>
>>> Release Note:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12334629
>>>

>>> Staging Repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1059/
>>>
>>> Git tag:
>>> karaf-4.0.5
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré