karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Daniel <david.daniel.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Known Karaf users
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:30:51 GMT
Colin Dixon was the main developer at the meetup
http://colindixon.com/talks/ and you can see if he has some comments but I
dont really know him.  Thomas Bachman
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-bachman-04555 was also a developer on
ODL.  He does not do much development on it any more as he is primarily on
open stack but he works for Cisco and might be able to give a quote on a
public use case from cisco that was a large scale deployment.  I will email
him and see if he can give something from Cisco of if they don't endorse
products.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice to have some quotes from OpenDaylight deployments -
> their Telco SDN use cases really help show that Karaf is more than a
> natural home for SOA stack :)
>
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Serge Huber <shuber@jahia.com> wrote:
> > I was actually proposing to do both a community page and rotating
> banners on the home page :) But I agree that a strong community page would
> be fantastic too !
> >
> > cheers,
> >   Serge…
> >

> >> On 14 févr. 2016, at 14:08, David Daniel <david.daniel.1979@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I like the idea of a community page better..  You can also put stuff up
> >> there like meetups and events so that people will know in advance when
> and
> >> where they are happening.  This is beneficial to keep people aware of
> what
> >> is going on around them.  As a developer I have very little say where
> >> company money goes for example we rarely pay for support of open source
> >> products ourselves.  One thing I do have some control over though is
> >> conferences, certifications and training.  I am going to nescala and the
> >> typelevel summit next month.  I also went to Spark East last year and a
> >> couple other conferences.  Training and certifications are a good way to
> >> get a little money if you are already going to be in an area when a
> project
> >> gets larger.  A community page helps people know what area others will
> be
> >> in.  An example would be posting a meetup at bar after an apache
> conference
> >> or if there is a meetup.com meetup will be tackling a karaf subject.
> Last
> >> year there was an open daylight development introduction meetup.  Two
> hours
> >> of it was spent talking about osgi and karaf but of the 50 people there
> >> most of them were networking people.  When we broke into small groups to
> >> try to fix simple bugs it would have been helpful if there was a person
> in
> >> each group to help with karaf and osgi issues.
> >>
> >> David

> too

> is

> écrit