karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release Decanter 1.1.0
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:31:28 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm doing deeper and larger test on Decanter with Elasticsearch 1.x and
2.x, with the "new" elasticsearch rest appender.

Unfortunately, elasticsearch 2.x introduced an important change compare
to elasticsearch 1.x: '.' is no more allowed in field name.
So, it means that field name like bundle.id or event.topics block fail
the storage of the document in elasticsearch.

In order to support both Elasticsearch 1.x and Elasticsearch 2.x, I
would like to replace '.' by '_' in all field name (in the decanter
marshaller).

If it doesn't affect the default Kibana dashboards (they use the field
values, not the name), it could have an impact for users who extended
decanter.

That's why I would propose the following:
1. I create the decanter-1.0.x branch based on the decanter-1.0.1 tag
2. I update decanter master to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT version
3. then I will release Decanter 1.1.0 including support of elasticsearch
1.x and 2.x (with both native and REST API), and the other appenders
(kafka, mqtt, etc).

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB