karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject [Discuss] Using DS for decanter
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:22:44 GMT
I recently discussed with JB that the boilerplate code in decanter
increases. One typical example is that a decanter module needs to
reference EventAdmin, the Marshaller service and react on
configurations. In many cases we also need to be able to work with
ManagedServiceFactories.

So for this case DS seems like a good idea. It can do all of the above
with very simple annotations  and can now also do type safe configs.

The only disadvantage is that we then need the scr feature. As it is
quite small I think this is a good tradeoff.

What do you think?

If there is no push back then I would like to switch decanter to DS once
the decanter release 1.0.2 is done. JB then wants to switch the master
to 1.1.x which allows us to do some more changes then in a bugfix line.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de