karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Karaf marketing
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2016 18:09:51 GMT
Hi Fabian,

You should have provided those comments before, and your involvement
doesn't really change ;)

For the images, they are not necessary mean something (even if it's the
case here, but a bit subtitle true): just provide a better look'n feel.

Agree for the news, I will add swipe indications and a look to a regular
"archives" display.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 01/10/2016 06:29 PM, Fabian Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not want to comment, but my new involvement with Karaf demands for it
> :)
>
> The only thing I do not like as much is the homepage/landingpage/startpage.
>
> The 3 columns do not attract me. The content could be a bit catchier, but
> most importantly, I think the graphics (rubix, gears, cloud) do not make
> much sense connected to the text. I would rather remove the graphics.
>
> The scrolling "news" scroll too fast. Or better: unpredictably. Sometimes
> they seem to be stuck, sometimes they move very fast. I think I would
> rather prefer to navigate the news manually. Edit: oh i can swipe it
> manually, guess that needs some kind of indication.
>
> Overall it is much nicer and modern than the old site. great work
>
> Fabian
>

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I will start the vote for the new website tomorrow (I will update the
>> website proposal tonight, I fixed couple of things).
>>
>> As reminder, there's the proposal website:
>> http://maven.nanthrax.net/goodies/karaf/site/
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 01/07/2016 10:09 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds good ;)
>>>
>>> Let me polish couple things (couple of links are broken) and I will
>>> start the vote.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Karaf