karaf-dev mailing list archives

From drdwo <drdietmarw...@yahoo.de>
Subject karaf 4 feature caching for SNAPSHOT versions
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:41:51 GMT
Regarding karaf 4 feature caching, what is the intended behavior?

I would expect for releases, that a changed feature will be installed in
case of a version change.
But for snapshots I would expect, that a changed feature will be installed
even in case
the snapshot version didn't change.

Seems this isn't the case, is this a bug or a feature of karaf?

Did the following:

create SimpleRoute-feature, version = 5.0.0.SNAPSHOT

publish SimpleRoute-feature to Nexus

feature:install SimpleRoute-feature
feature:uninstall SimpleRoute-feature

change SimpleRoute-feature (no version change)
publish SimpleRoute-feature to Nexus

feature:repo-refresh

feature:install SimpleRoute-feature

expected: changed feature deployed, but it is still the old one.