karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Lewis <sle...@composent.com>
Subject Re: karaf/cellar generic discovery service
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:08:40 GMT
ECF [0] has a stable network discovery API [1] and a number of providers
based upon various protocols (zeroconf, etcd, slp, zookeeper, dnssd,
custom).  We would welcome cooperative creation of other providers (e.g.
based upon cellar).

The discovery API is used by ECF's implementation of OSGi Remote
Services, allowing any discovery provider to be used to discover remote
services.

Scott

[0] https://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF
[1]