karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [karaf boot] Added a DS sample with Servlet and JPA and slightly different setup
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:46:19 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I agree about the PoC approach, but I think PoC can become a
project or as least some module can use the "easy" karaf-boot way.

My only concern about copy/paste is that the project bootstrapping is
long: personally, using archetype or copy paste from a sample pom is
fine but long, actually longer than just describing couple of
dependencies and plugin. But it could make sense.

For multi-module, I agree, but I don't see any show stopper: each module
can use karaf-boot and work together (see the samples of service
provider and consumer, karaf-boot should really encourage to leverage
the service approach).

Regards
JB

--