karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [karaf boot] Added a DS sample with Servlet and JPA and slightly different setup
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:22:29 GMT
Hi Christian,

thanks for this !

karaf-boot-api sounds like the BOM that I proposed in
karaf-boot-starter. It sounds good to me, but maybe the
karaf-boot-starter name is better than API (or it makes sense if we add
some annotations/extensions).

For the parent pom, as already said on IRC, it was my first intention
and we discussed on the mailing list. Achim convinced me to go on a less
intrusive approach. The only drawback with a parent POM is that users
have to define it in their POM. At the end, I think it's not a big deal
and it makes sense as it can be the parent pom of the user parent pom ;)
One of the key purpose of the karaf-boot is to be very very very (and
10x very ;)) easy to start with and use. So, if parent pom is easier,
I'm OK with that.

For the "external" osgi.bnd, it's also fine for me as soon as the user
doesn't have to provide one by default (again, simple). If the user
wants to tweak, he can provide a custom osgi.bnd.

I like the idea of the annotations for the feature, it's exactly aligned
with karaf-boot ideas. Big +1 for this.

Thanks !

Regards
JB