karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Marketing and releases schedule
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:26:03 GMT
I just created a branch with the updates to the aries releases currently 
being voted on.


The branch shows the setup we will have once the releases are published.
if you want to test them right now you will have to add the respective 
staging repos I posted in the vote threads or compile from the tags.


On 14.12.2015 21:15, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Hi all,
> just a quick update and help request ;)
> First, about the releases, Karaf 4.0.4 is again postponed for three 
> reasons:
> 1. Christian and Guillaume are working on new Aries releases that we 
> will include in Karaf 4.0.4
> 2. I have several bug fixes on local branches that I will push
> 3. I finally merge the new Maven plugin goals (especially run, deploy, 
> and client). I'm testing it and I will push as well.
> Second, about the website proposal, it would be great if some of you 
> can take a tour and send the feedback to me (private message, no need 
> to flood the mailing list).
> I'm a bit busy with couple of Karaf partners/users this week, but I 
> will have time early on the mornings and during nights ;)
> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB
> On 11/25/2015 09:09 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I gonna work on "marketing" this afternoon (new website and
>> documentation improvements). I will update you later today with latest
>> changes on my server to discuss. I would like to move forward on this
>> (both new website and new documentation) during the week end.
>> On the other hand, I propose the following release plan:
>> - Karaf Cave 4.0.1 (beginning of next week): I fixed couple of issues
>> and add new features on a local branch (especially Cave is able to
>> "gather" multiple repository.xml in one, and create one repository.xml
>> per artifact if wanted)
>> - Karaf Cellar 4.0.1 (during the week end): I fixed couple of issues
>> (especially one related to Hazelcast configuration parsing with Saxon)
>> and added some new features.
>> - Karaf Decanter 1.0.2 (end of next week): several new features
>> (ActiveMQ logging plugin, Redis appender, ...) have been added
>> - Karaf Container 4.0.4 (if we use the new wording proposal ;)) (middle
>> of next week): several bug fixes and preparation for the karaf-4.0.x 
>> branch
>> On the other hand, I plan to move forward on karaf-boot. About this, any
>> help would be more than appreciated ! As Achim said, I wonder if it
>> makes sense to keep it on my github or if I can already create a branch
>> in Karaf for that. Let me know.
>> Thoughts ?
>> Regards
>> JB

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message