karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Karaf marketing
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:35:21 GMT
The visual design looks great and quite professional. It looks more like
a company website though. So people might raise their marketing blabla
shields on that optic.
The current main message is also too abstract and too much like typical
marketing speech. In any case the most important thing is that we need
to followup marketing slogans
with concrete little snippets and statistics that prove them.

I also think we should focus more on the community aspect than the
product on our site. In my opinion this is the main difference between
open source and commercial offerings. We need to invite people to
discuss and help.
So I think some social network integration would be really important.
For example we could show current tweets or a presentation/talk of the
day. So people have some positive feedback if they promote karaf. We
could also have a community member of the day or similar. People could
add a picture and some text of how they use karaf. We could then show
one of those profiles each day.

2.
The new style for documentation looks great. On that side we should try
to make it easier to work on the docs for non committers. So for example
we could add a link on each page to the doc source on github. So people
can easily edit the doc and submit changes as pull requests. So
something like an "edit page" link like in confluence.

3.
Meetups would be really great. I think we should also try to get some
people from Eclipse and the OSGi alliance to join us. We really need to
work on converging these communities.
Do you already have an idea about a good place to meet?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de