karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Re: <feature> element of a feature
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:08:21 GMT
So, here's my practical question.

Feature 'A' is made up of many bundles.

Feature 'B' has wiring dependencies on jars in feature 'A', and a few
dependencies that are not part of feature 'A', including transitive
dependencies.

So B has a plain old Maven dependency on the bundle inside 'B' that
has the API, plus its own.

I am trying to work out the POM and feature.xml content so that
feature B's feature.xml shows that it depends on 'A', and that it
lists only those bundles that are not in A.

I've tried a few experiments with feature.xml dependencies, but I end
up with either more or less bundles than I was looking to get.

Is this even a reasonable thing to do, or should I just let feature B
have the redundant bundles?