karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf 4.0.0
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 10:16:44 GMT
+1 (non binding)

I now also did some functional tests:

- Installed the aries jpa DS example (Aries jpa 2.0.0, Hibernate 4.3.6,
pax-jdbc 0.6.0) and tested
- Installed activemq 5.12-SNAPSHOT and tested Activemq webconsole
- Installed webconsole and tested
- Installed cxf 3.1.1
- Installed camel 2.15.2 camel-http camel-servlet

All above tests worked fine.

- Installed camel 2.15.2 camel-cxf
This did not work as camel still refers to old cxf 3.0.4 which does not
work for Karaf 4. I am not sure if there is a workaround but this may
pose some problems for camel users.

There are some problems with current Activemq versions. Most of the
problems are fixed in the branches already. So we should push for
Activemq releases soon so people can use it on karaf 4.

The above problems are not directly related to the karaf 4.0.0 release
though.

Christian

On 24.06.2015 01:47, Jamie G. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This release candidate represents a possible General Availability
> release of Karaf 4 line, as such it contains all of the enhancements,
> updates, and new features collected over the Karaf 4.0.0 technology
> preview period.
>
> We resolved 30 issues in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332045
>

> Staging repository: