karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf 4.0.0
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:19:16 GMT
Currently looking into the release.

I found something strange. In the
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1033/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf/4.0.0/apache-karaf-4.0.0.tar.gz
there is a strange directory tree with the framework xml.

apache-karaf-4.0.0/system/file:/x1/asf/karaf/k40x/target/checkout/assemblies/apache-karaf/target/assembly/system/org/apache/karaf/features/framework/4.0.0/framework-4.0.0-features.xml

It is nothing that would hold off the release but we should remove it
for upcoming builds.

One other thing is the RELEASE-NOTES. It seems to contain changes since
the beginning of karaf. In the end it seems to break mid line at some
servicemix issue.
I am also not sure it contains all karaf 4 issues as for example the
section for M1 does not seem to contain any issues.
Not sure if this is technically a problem for the release. For me
personally it is not a big issue.

The NOTICE file contains these lines at the end:
This product includes software from http://www.json.org.
Copyright (c) 2002 JSON.org

It does not state what license we use. I was also not able to find any
library named like json. I know we support json files for the
JsonRepository though. Is this something we need to clarify?

Christian

On 24.06.2015 01:47, Jamie G. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This release candidate represents a possible General Availability
> release of Karaf 4 line, as such it contains all of the enhancements,
> updates, and new features collected over the Karaf 4.0.0 technology
> preview period.
>
> We resolved 30 issues in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332045
>

> Staging repository: