karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create and provide karaf-boot plugin
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:57:36 GMT

> Hi all,
>
> On a local branch, I worked on some new goals for the karaf-maven-plugin,
> especially:
>
> karaf:run to easily bootstrap and start a Karaf instance

+1

> karaf:deploy to upload (scp) the project artifact (or a given artifact) in
> the deploy folder or the system folder (respecting the maven structure)

+1 we could also add sftp and http/https upload, with the help of the maven
http servlet i've added in 4.x

> karaf:client to connect to a running Karaf instance and execute commands

+1, i suppose we'd need interactive and scripted, like the bin/client
script, right ?

> I would like to add a new plugin (more than a new goal):
>
> karaf-boot-maven-plugin
>
> with the boot goal.
>
> The purpose is easily:
> 1/ in the end user code module, build a karaf custom distribution
> including karaf standard distribution and the end user built application
> 2/ be able to easily include test with pax-exam
> 3/ provide a ready to run artifact
> 4/ provide a way to specify profiles or features to include in the
> distribution
>
> It's just an idea for now. The purpose is to provide a ready to run Karaf
> container like users does with spring-boot.

So it would create the distribution, same as the install-kars / assembly
goal, then use the karaf:run goal ?
The only step than the assembly / run / archive goals can't do is the
tests, but I'm not completely sure to understand this part...
It looks more like an archetype than a plugin to me ? Or do I miss
something ?