karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cave and Karaf 4
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:12:33 GMT
It can't write the xml repositories and it's cluttered with all the OBR
stuff. It also has a single implementation of Repository that proxies all
the defined repositories, instead of having multiple Repository services,
but that's a minor point.
In addition, we already have most of the stuff available in
karaf-features-core (resource implementation and builder, xml parser).  The
only real missing piece is the xml writer.

I'm not ruling out a rewrite of bundle repository to make it lightweight
though if that can gather a consensus.  Once the code is available, it can
be moved back into felix and reused in Karaf.