karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject RE: karaf-assembly and installed feature
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 11:50:17 GMT
Hi Damien

Did you add your features xml in the pom dependency ?

Regards
JB

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Damien <iriberry.damien@gmail.com>
Date:06/02/2015  12:00  (GMT+01:00)
To: dev@karaf.apache.org
Subject: karaf-assembly and installed feature

Hello,

I'm a new apache karaf fan, and i'm trying some cool stuff like building a
custom distribution.

So i create a very basic and empty feature (following the dev guide)

mvn archetype:generate \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.karaf.archetypes \
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=karaf-feature-archetype \
    -DarchetypeVersion=3.0.3-SNAPSHOT \
    -DgroupId=my.company \
    -DartifactId=my.company.feature \
    -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT \
    -Dpackage=my.company.package

Then i want this feature to be installed in a custom distribution of karaf
so in my pom.xml:

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>my.company</groupId>
<artifactId>my.company.feature</artifactId>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<classifier>features</classifier>
<type>xml</type>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
<artifactId>framework</artifactId>
<version>${karaf.version}</version>
<type>kar</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
<artifactId>standard</artifactId>
<version>${karaf.version}</version>
<classifier>features</classifier>
<type>xml</type>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
<artifactId>enterprise</artifactId>
<version>${karaf.version}</version>
<type>xml</type>
<classifier>features</classifier>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

And in the build :
<plugins>

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.7</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>process-resources</id>
<goals>
<goal>resources</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
<artifactId>karaf-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<version>${karaf.version}</version>
<configuration>
<bootFeatures>
<feature>standard</feature>
<feature>management</feature>
<feature>jndi</feature>
<feature>jdbc</feature>
<feature>*my.company.feature*</feature>
<feature>jpa</feature>
<feature>openjpa</feature>
</bootFeatures>
</configuration>
</plugin>

The build is successfull but when i execute command feature:list -i. I can
see that jndi,jpa,openjpa etc ... are installed, but not the
"my.company.feature"

In org.apache.karaf.features.cfg : /featuresBoot /=
config,standard,region,package,kar,ssh,management,openjpa,jndi*,my.company.feature*,jdbc

But my feature repository is not listed in /featuresRepositories/

I expected my feature to be displayed  when i do the feature:list -i
command, am i right ? Do i misunderstand somthing ?

(my ${karaf.version} variable equals 3.0.3)