karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf 4.0 : new behaviour of the feature resolver
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:56:43 GMT
Hi,

if it could be possible to add this feature back again, this clearly would
help. (the -c option)
Another interesting fact here, the Require-Capability is only added for
bundles using DS by the maven-bundle-plugin.
Blueprint Bundles don't have it even though that could be generated easily
from the reference-tag.

Regarding the feature validation goal, I doubt it would have shown that the
pax-url-aether bundle was neglecting the providing capabilities manifest
entries. Though I need to verify that with a test-case.

regards, Achim

> Am 11.02.2015 um 22:02 schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
>
>> The breaking change is that features are now verified before being
>> installed.
>> In karaf < 4, there was no verification step, and the installation of the
>> feature was simply trying to install the bundles and start those.
>>

> In most cases I like the verification. In some cases though especially
> when I build the deployment I sometimes want the bundles to be installed
> even if they do not even resolve.
> The reason is that it is easier to debug what is wrong when the bundles
> are in the system. So I would like to have an option to install even if the
> verification fails. Kind of like the option in karaf
> 2 and 3 where you leave the bundles installed in case of a failure.
>
> Doe that make sense?
>
> Christian
>
> --
>  Christian Schneider