karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Lange <fabian.la...@codecentric.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf 4.0.0.M2 technology preview.
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:17:19 GMT
Hi all,
We started development of our product on 4.0.0M1.
I upgraded today to M2 and found the following issues:

* The targetFile issue Jean-Baptiste already took care of. (KARAF-3493)
* The branding via properties file in etc does not work (new feature for
M2)  (KARAF-3515)
* The feature "feature" no longer coming in via shell, but is required
as <feature>feature</feature> when you build your own distribution.
* While trying to diagnosed the latter, I noticed the doc for "feature" is
outdated (KARAF-3517)

I guess I have not any voting rights, but for uninvolved devs like me, the
upgrade M1->M2 was bumpy, despite the fact that we have only used a small
subset of karaf yet.
Still I would encourage you to make M2 public to move forward.

Most likely you will hear from me more during the next days :-)

Fabian