karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Karaf 4.0 : new behaviour of the feature resolver
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:39:23 GMT
Am 11.02.2015 um 22:02 schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
> The breaking change is that features are now verified before being
> installed.
> In karaf < 4, there was no verification step, and the installation of the
> feature was simply trying to install the bundles and start those.

In most cases I like the verification. In some cases though especially
when I build the deployment I sometimes want the bundles to be installed
even if they do not even resolve.
The reason is that it is easier to debug what is wrong when the bundles
are in the system. So I would like to have an option to install even if
the verification fails. Kind of like the option in karaf
2 and 3 where you leave the bundles installed in case of a failure.

Doe that make sense?

Christian

--

Christian Schneider