karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Karaf docker.io
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:34:29 GMT
I think docker commands to be executed from a running karaf are not that
suitable. Typically you want to create a docker image in your build process.
So I would prefer to have a maven plugin that creates a docker image.
The commands can be useful for provisioning the image to a machine.

I think you should be able to select a base karaf distribution and
additional features and files to enhance it.
In the end I would like to have either a fully provisioned karaf that
needs no m2 connect or just the boot features and other files populated.
I think most people will want it fully provisioned.

I am not sure how the profiles work that Guillaume mentioned but I like
the idea to do it from the build.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider