karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Karaf docker.io
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:43:16 GMT
Hi all,

In order to provide an alternative to the instances, I started to work
on a small PoC providing simple and convenient docker.io support in Karaf.

The purpose is to easily manage images, containers, and be able to
provision/create container with Karaf instances.

For instance, this is a current available use case:

1/ You can create a docker.io container in two ways:
1.1/ karaf@root()> docker:bootstrap mydock
creates a fresh docker.io container using karaf:3.0.3 image. I prepared
different ready to use docker.io images for Karaf. I'm working on an
embedded docker hub, with the appropriate commands to administrate it.
1.2/ karaf@root()> docker:provision mydock
creates a docker.io container (using a karaf image) and copy the current
running instance in the dock.
1.3/ It's also possible to start from a dockerfile.
2/ Once the dock (I named it dock meaning docker.io container where a
karaf instance is living) is ready, you can control it using
docker:start, docker:stop, docker:delete commands.
3/ it's possible to connect to a running dock using docker:connect command

I'm working on docker:image*, docker:hub, and improve the existing
docker* features.

However, before moving forward on this, I would like to know if it makes
sense and if people are interested by it.

By the way, the code is on my github:
http://github.com/jbonofre/karaf-docker.

I will push my last changes tomorrow morning.

Any comment is welcome.

Thanks,
Regards
JB