karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Damien <iriberry.dam...@gmail.com>
Subject karaf-assembly and installed feature
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 11:00:24 GMT
Hello,

I'm a new apache karaf fan, and i'm trying some cool stuff like building a
custom distribution.

So i create a very basic and empty feature (following the dev guide)

mvn archetype:generate \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.karaf.archetypes \
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=karaf-feature-archetype \
    -DarchetypeVersion=3.0.3-SNAPSHOT \
    -DgroupId=my.company \
    -DartifactId=my.company.feature \
    -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT \
    -Dpackage=my.company.package

Then i want this feature to be installed in a custom distribution of karaf
so in my pom.xml:

<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>my.company</groupId>
			<artifactId>my.company.feature</artifactId>
			<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
			<classifier>features</classifier>
			<type>xml</type>
			<scope>runtime</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>

			<groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
			<artifactId>framework</artifactId>
			<version>${karaf.version}</version>
			<type>kar</type>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
			<artifactId>standard</artifactId>
			<version>${karaf.version}</version>
			<classifier>features</classifier>
			<type>xml</type>
			<scope>runtime</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.karaf.features</groupId>
			<artifactId>enterprise</artifactId>
			<version>${karaf.version}</version>
			<type>xml</type>
			<classifier>features</classifier>
			<scope>runtime</scope>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

And in the build :
<plugins>

			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.7</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>process-resources</id>
						<goals>
							<goal>resources</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
				<artifactId>karaf-maven-plugin</artifactId>
				<extensions>true</extensions>
				<version>${karaf.version}</version>
				<configuration>
				<bootFeatures>
						<feature>standard</feature>
						<feature>management</feature>
						<feature>jndi</feature>
						<feature>jdbc</feature>
						<feature>*my.company.feature*</feature>
						<feature>jpa</feature>
						<feature>openjpa</feature>
				</bootFeatures>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>

The build is successfull but when i execute command feature:list -i. I can
see that jndi,jpa,openjpa etc ... are installed, but not the
"my.company.feature"

In org.apache.karaf.features.cfg : /featuresBoot /=
config,standard,region,package,kar,ssh,management,openjpa,jndi*,my.company.feature*,jdbc

But my feature repository is not listed in /featuresRepositories/

I expected my feature to be displayed  when i do the feature:list -i
command, am i right ? Do i misunderstand somthing ?

(my ${karaf.version} variable equals 3.0.3)