karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Honey Goyal <er.honey2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Were you guys still interested in adopting Log4j2 for your logging system?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 07:57:43 GMT
Thank You JB. I downloaded karaf 3.0.3, first i tried to print a log using
log4j2 LogManager.getLogger().

First i got error Unable to resolve 112.0: missing requirement [112.0]
osgi.wiring.package;
(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.logging.log4j)(version>=2.1.0)(!(version>=3.0.‌​0))).
I think we dont need to install log4j-api and log4-core bundles manually as
karaf should provide these bundles.

Then i resolved this error by manually installing log4j-core(Version 2.1)
and log4j-api(Version 2.1) bundles in karaf.

After that I got error ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging
implementation. Please add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger
to log to the console.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-373
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-373>   This seems a bug. But i
am using 2.1 version of log4j.

The log4j-core uses the bootstrap-classloader and the log4j-api uses the
bundle-classloader.

Workaround needed.