karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Unable to convert value org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ServiceRecipe$ServiceRegistrationProxy
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:19:18 GMT
The problem is the usage of reference. Just use bean directly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Andy Schmidt <Andy.Schmidt@kisters.de>
Date:16/12/2014  09:48  (GMT+01:00)
To: dev@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unable to convert value org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ServiceRecipe$ServiceRegistrationProxy

Hi Freeman Fang,

thank you for your response.

How would you do it? What do you mean with "refer to the bean directly"?
It is a service and still has to be a service because another bundle also
uses it.
So how do I get the one service instance that is registered in the
blueprint container?

To the "chicken-egg" problem:

I saw in the IBM tutorial that it is possible to use the blueprint "ref"
property to refer to a blueprint bean of the same bundle.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCKBL_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.osgi.nd.doc/ae/ca_blueprint_references.html?lang=en

If I understood it right, this is possible by only using the ref-property
with the desired bean ID and NOT including the reference tag:

<reference id="containerManagerRef"

interface="de.kisters.project.domain.api.session.container.IContainerManager"
  availability="mandatory" />

Thank you and regards
Tim

Andy Schmidt - KISTERS AG - Pascalstraße 8+10 - 52076 Aachen - Germany
Handelsregister Aachen, HRB-Nr. 7838 | Vorstand: Klaus Kisters, Hanns Kisters | Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender:
Dr. Thomas Klevers
Phone: +49 2408 9385 -449 | Fax: +49 2408 9385 -555 | E-Mail: Andy.Schmidt@kisters.de | WWW:
http://www.kisters.de
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie
nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.