karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Problem with pax-http-whiteboard in test
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:38:20 GMT
I migrated a CXF pax exam itest to karaf 4.

The test failed with a MalformedUrlException that complained about the
wrap protocol.

The problem seems to be that the test dependencies are implemented as a
boot feature. The cxf-http feature references the http-whiteboard
feature which references the pax-http-whiteboard feature.
The pax feature uses wrap:mvn:org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler/ecj/4.2.2
which seems to trigger the problem.

There are a few problems with that:

- At the time the wrap url is resolved the wrap feature does not yet
seem to be activated. So this fails. If we want to allow wrap in boot
features we need to fix this in karaf
- pax-http-whiteboard uses the wrap protocol. We might be able to pre
wrap the ecj compiler (in servicemix bundles?) to avoid this
- pax-http-whiteboard  (version 4) now includes jsp support which is the
reason for the need of the ecj compiler. At least in cxf we do not need
this. So one other option might to extract the jsp support into its own
feature.

WDYT?

Christian

--