karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [INFO] Update default etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg on Karaf 3.0.x
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:14:08 GMT
Hi Matt,

I agree.

Let me explain what I have in mind.

Karaf can work in two modes:
- by default, it should be standalone/atomic. I mean here that it should
not use any "external folders" like the .m2/repository folder.
It means the following configuration in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file:
  -- org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.settings=${karaf.etc}/settings.xml
      where the settings.xml contains an "empty" settings.xml like:
         <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
         <settings></settings>
  --
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository=${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}
    to use the system repo as local by default (and not .m2/repository)

http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundle/release@id=spring.ebr.release,
\

http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external@id=spring.ebr.external,
\

http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@id=apache@snapshots@noreleases,

\

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots@id=sonatype.snapshots.deploy@snapshots@norelease,

\

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/ops4j-snapshots@id=ops4j.sonatype.snapshots.deploy@snapshots@noreleases

- as an alternative, we document (both in the user guide and using
comments in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mnv.cfg) how to switch in "development
mode", meaning:
   -- comment the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.settings property to use the
user .m2/settings.xml
   -- comment the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository property to use
the user .m2/repository

WDYT ?

Regards
JB