karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove default ssh key
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 00:38:50 GMT
+1 to comment out the default public key in keys.properties, it's really a security hole.

And about specify the key to bin/client, I just added it weeks ago, please see KARAF-3059[1]

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3059

-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

On 2014-7-18, at 上午3:44, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Following a discussion that we had with Christian, I would like to raise a concern.
>
> Now, on Karaf 2.x/3.x/4.x, the JMX layer is secure using RBAC. The MBeanServerBuilder
is enabled by default, meaning that it's not possible to locally connect to the MBean server.
> I think it's good and secure.
>
> However, on the other hand, we have a key enabled by default (in etc/keys.properties)
and used by default by bin/client.
> So it means that any user that download a Karaf distribution can connect to any Karaf
runtimes by default.
> On one hand we have a very secure JMX layer (even for local connection), but on the other
hand, bin/client can connect to any Karaf running instance (so not very secure).

> I would like to propose the following:
> - in etc/keys.properties, we should comment out the default key. We can document how
to enable it and how to change the keys.