karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: The future of the Spring with Fabric8
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 14:48:09 GMT
Thomas,
It’s up to Aries team if blueprint will be supported or not under these platforms. So far
Fuse/RedHat staff which are part of Aries team was so kind and they have added support for
blueprint-noosgi environment which allows to run Aries under tomcat and other non-osgi environments.
As it remains in main development branch for this project I suppose it is somehow supported
by project team.

Kind regards,
Łukasz Dywicki
--
luke@code-house.org
Twitter: ldywicki

Wiadomość napisana przez Thomas Diesler <thomas.diesler@jboss.com> w dniu 11 cze 2014,
o godz. 11:32:

> Blueprint will likely not be supported in Tomcat/WildFly
>
> —thomas
>
> On 10 Jun 2014, at 18:00, Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkowiak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Are we really going to let die the Spring integration with OSGi? I know this is rather
a question for Karaf community. It would be good idea to resurect spring dm (as a new project?).
We have Aries blueprint and, I think so, we don't need a big integration with Spring including
next blueprint implementation. But it would be nice to have a good (extension to Aries?) integration
allowing registering Spring beans in Osgi registry and working with no issues when communixating
with blueprint bundles