karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Referencing feature from child instance
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:17:27 GMT
Hi,

as the child instances and the root instance are on different JVMs, if
you want to use the bundle deployed on the root instance from bundles in
child instances, you have to use remote communication between those bundles.

DOSGi (provided by Cellar or CXF) could be a solution, JMS (with
ActiveMQ) could be another one, WebService (JAX-RS/JAX-WS) another one.

In any case, there is not simple way (provided by Karaf) to do it.

Regards
JB