karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Karaf
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:34:36 GMT
Apache Karaf provides higher level features and services
specifically designed for creating OSGi-based servers.

Community
=========
The talk "Apache Karaf in real life" has been provided by a committer
during the latest ApacheCon NA 2014.
Talks have been submitted by different committers for the next ApacheCon
Europe 2014.

We can note a couple of books available (or in preparation) about Karaf
and its sub-projects (Cellar, Cave, EIK).
There have been three articles in the german JavaMagazin about Karaf 3.0
in April, Mai and June.

We started to work on the next Karaf 4.0.0 branch including a lot of new
features and improvements.

Last committers addition: October 21, 2013
Last PMC addition: September 05, 2012

Development
The following new releases have been voted:
- Apache Karaf 3.0.1 (maintenance release) (April 13, 2014)
- Apache Karaf 2.3.5 (maintenance release) (April 13, 2014)
We plan to release a Karaf 3.0.2 version (especially for Java8 support)
and Cellar 3.0.0 version (for full support of Karaf 3.0.x branch) in the
coming weeks.

Issues for board consideration
None so far.