karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Derricutt" <m...@talios.com>
Subject Building custom distributions - missing dependencies
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 00:43:58 GMT
Hey all,

Trying to build a custom distribution of Karaf following the guide at:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html

when using 3.0.1 ( and 3.0.0 ) as the Karaf versions I get a missing
dependency for `org.eclipse.osgi` version `3.8.2.xxx` - this doesn't
appear to be in Maven Central where all the main Karaf dependencies are.

     [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project smx3-karaf-minimal: Could
not resolve
     dependencies for project smx3:smx3-karaf-minimal:karaf-assembly:
     3.0.2-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
org.eclipse:org.eclipse.osgi:jar:3.8.2.v20130124-134944
     in http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public/ was cached in
the local repository,
     resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
Nexus has elapsed or
     updates are forced -> [Help 1]

The latest version I can find in central is under the groupId of
`org.eclipse` and published this year.

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.eclipse%7Cosgi%7C3.9.1-v20140110-1610%7Cjar

If things are going to be published to central it would be good/nice if
all the dependencies also existed in central.

Is there an apache repository I can add to my nexus server that contains
this artefact? Or this is fixed in some unreleased 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT
somewhere?

Cheers,
Mark