karaf-dev mailing list archives

From bane73 <bran...@thegreshams.net>
Subject Re: Broken Dev Guide
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:34:33 GMT
JB,

Thanks!  I look forward to seeing the new docs and hearing any input you
could give me on how to move forward.

One possibly easy thing that could help me a lot is if someone knew of 1 or
more recent projects that could show me this community's standard approach
to:

* JDBC (ie: library to help with the JDBC-nonsense)
* JNDI (ditto)
* CDI
* Timer-based tasks (ie: Quartz?)
* The best practice of a well-designed OSGI/Karaf app (not web) in terms of
getting it bootstrapped and wired-up to the above things.

As I said, I'm a Spring-Web guy really.  But I took a new position at the
university with the systems team so am busy trying to learn new patterns.  I
tried SpringBoot, and it was going well enough, but at the end of the day
the app was about 1/12th complete and was already feeling complicated.

If anyone knows of projects like that, I would really appreciate links.

Anyways, I'm hopeful to learn Karaf and I appreciate any help.
I just bought "Learning Karaf" after reading about it on your blog --
looking forward to reading that.