karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experiment to make karaf 4 smaller
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 08:44:03 GMT
I agree that the minimal distro should be smaller.
Though I think before removing anything, we need to have an easy way for
users to add them back.  I'm mostly thinking about equinox and xerces :
  * i don't think we have a simple way to switch an assembly to using
equinox using the maven plugin
  * cxf needs it afaik, and we add it
to org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra in etc/config.properties
If we improve the maven plugin to support those things, we can remove those
from minimal I think.
For wrapper and additional features, the plugin already gives a simple way
to add them back, so we can already remove them I think.