karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Where to integrate the new console
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:51:54 GMT

> The only problem I see is the incompatibility for old modules.
> I propose a slightly different layout:
>
> Leave the old code in shell.console and move the new api and impl
> to a new module. Perhaps shell.console2. Not sure about the name.
>
> So existing users do not have to change anything. For karaf we can easily
> move modules to the new dependency.
> For outside projects it would be harder.

Yeah, that's definitely a good option.  I just need to find a good name for
the new one. I don't really like shell.console2 ...  What about shell.core
?

> If we manage to keep the compatibility I would like to see this in the 3.1
> branch and remove the old model for 4.0.
>
> Btw. What do we do for ActiveMQ? Does their style of using the commands
> fit into the new api? I guess not.

The ActiveMQ commands do implement CommandWithAction, so they should be
fully supported.
ActiveMQ could migrate to the new model but that's a different question.