karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] karaf-maven-plugin changes
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 07:57:36 GMT
I think the big problem with one big plugin project is that the code
will be very difficult to maintain and test.
The command names below sound good. Especially that they sound similar
to karaf commands. So it it easier for users to know what they do.

I think it should be possible to split the plugin into projects based on
the name before the ":". These goals should do similar things and so
should have similar
dependencies and make good candidates for modules.

Christian

> I would prefer to have one plugin with multiple goal (I think it's
> better for the users).
>
> I have no problem to rename/split plugins for future. What do you
> think about:
>
> - karaf-commands:documentation
> - karaf-scr:scr
> - karaf-kar:create
> - karaf-kar:install
> - karaf-features:populate-repository
> - karaf-features:generate
> - karaf-features:validate
> - karaf-instance:archive
> - karaf-instance:run
> - karaf-instance:deploy
> - karaf-instance:client
>
> ?
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 03/05/2014 08:40 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>> I think we should not put all karaf plugins into one maven plugin.
>> Instead I think it makes more
>> sense to analyze which goals have similar dependencies and put them
>> together.
>>
>> For example the karaf-scr plugin has very few dependencies and is better
>> suited to be kept as a separate plugin.
>> The same may apply for others but I have not looked into them in detail.
>>
>> Christian
>>

>> Am 04.03.2014 19:39, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to discuss with you about my current work on the
>>> karaf-maven-plugin:
>>>
>>> 1/ on master, I refactored the karaf-maven-plugin to use the Maven
>>> annotations. It's simpler and cleaner, and compatible with all Maven

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect