karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Balicchia <fbalicc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [INFO] Change in EIK version
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 07:34:05 GMT
Hi,

I don't know if this the correct thread, if no i'm sorry.

I started testing and either version 2.x  and version 3 with Kepler,
and noticed that the project, target platform creation with its setting
have no problem.
But when o try create e new Osgi Framework  from run configuration

I get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Target platform is not set from Karaf
project !
at
org.apache.karaf.eik.ui.KarafLaunchConfigurationInitializer.loadKarafPlatform(KarafLaunchConfigurationInitializer.java:243)
at
org.apache.karaf.eik.ui.KarafLaunchConfigurationInitializer.initialize(KarafLaunchConfigurationInitializer.java:91)
at
org.eclipse.pde.ui.launcher.OSGiLauncherTabGroup.setDefaults(OSGiLauncherTabGroup.java:53)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchConfigurationTabGroupWrapper.setDefaults(LaunchConfigurationTabGroupWrapper.java:237)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.CreateLaunchConfigurationAction.performAction(CreateLaunchConfigurationAction.java:79)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.AbstractLaunchConfigurationAction$1.run(AbstractLaunchConfigurationAction.java:105)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.AbstractLaunchConfigurationAction.run(AbstractLaunchConfigurationAction.java:108)
at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:168)
at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
My target platform is set.

if it is not just my problem I can investigate.

Regards

--Filippo

> Yes, you are right, I gonna review and update manual as well.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 02/20/2014 11:14 PM, Filippo Balicchia wrote:
>
>> Thanks for update.
>> I'm starting to test master 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> Regarding the manual, the eik versions seen that begin to increase.
>> IMHO would be better to have only one
>>
>> wdyt ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --Filippo

>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> just a quick update about EIK branches:
>>>
>>> - master has been updated with version 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and added the Karaf
>>> 3.0.0 support
>>> - eik-2.x branch has been created, with version 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT
>>> - 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts have been deployed.
>>>
>>> I saw a potential issue in the EIK repository. I will try to fix it
>>> tonight.
>>>
>>> If some users can test the new SNAPSHOTs, it would be great.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards